Dentistry in the Time of COVID-19
We are eagerly preparing our practice to welcome patients back safely in the coming week. Here is a quick update about our practice hours and operations. As Los Angeles begins to lift the stay at home order, we will start seeing patients for routine care, we anticipate resuming normal business hours as stated below:
- Culver City, Echo Park, and Miracle Mile locations – June 9, 2020
- Hollywood location – June 18, 2020
Please understand that dental offices are considered a high-risk environment due to the aerosols generated during some dental procedures. It is because of this that we are doing everything we can with proper infection control, social distancing, and PPE. We will ask you for your consent to treat you prior to all dental procedures.
Here are a few ways we’re ensuring everyone’s health and safety:
- 48 hours before your appointment we will send you a COVID-19 screening questionnaire. You will be asked these same questions again when you arrive at our office. If you are unable to complete the telephone screening questionnaire before your appointment, your appointment will be cancelled (cancellation fees will apply).
- We will take and record your temperature upon arrival at our office as a part of the screening process.
- Masks must always be worn by all persons for the entire visit. We will have you remove your mask for your procedure only.
- We will ask you to text us when you arrive so that we may let you know when we are ready to see you.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. This might mean you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment to ensure everyone’s safety. We appreciate your understanding.
- We may ask that you wait in the car before/after your screening to control the patient traffic in our office.
If you have any urgent questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us. Our doctors and team members are available to help.
We will do everything possible to make sure you feel safe and welcome in this new environment! We hope to see you soon!
Frequently Asked Question
When will you be open for non-urgent visits?
We will resume normal business hours as listed above. Over the last month and a half we’ve had to cancel and re-schedule many appointments, we are rescheduling many appointments and thank you for your patience.
Do I have to wear a mask at my appointment?
Yes, masks must always be worn by all persons for the entire visit. We will have you remove your mask for your procedure only. The CDC also recommends people over age 2 wear cloth face masks when outside their homes; we understand this may be difficult for younger children and will consider that when you visit us.
Can I wait in my car for the appointment to start?
Yes, you can text us when you arrive, we will limit the number of people in our reception area.
Will both parents/guardians be allowed to the appointment?
We ask that only one parent, guardian or caregiver join the patient at their appointment. Please call our office to make special arrangements if needed.
What do I do if I test positive for COVID-19 a few days after my appointment?
Because the incubation period can be a few days, it’s important you call our office to let us know.
Does your practice have the necessary protective wear to start seeing patients?
Yes, to ensure the safety of our team and patients we are strictly following state and federal guidelines about Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements and would not see patients unless we have the proper equipment.